Cape Rienga

Cape Rienga

Welcome Home

Welcome Home

Friday, February 8, 2008

Kiwi 1 has landed

to temps in the 80's range with no change in sight, glorious sunshine with a gentle breeze, sparkling ocean dotted with yachts, people swimming round the bays... it's another beautiful day in paradise! Great flight, despite a long layover in San Francisco (check out the Xpres Salon's popping up in airports worldwide, and enjoy a quick massage before you take that long last leg.) 5 hours sleep (thx ambien, and Xpres), 2 movies, and 2 meals later... home in God's own. A day of family hugging, shopping and chasing a cold... I'm crawling into bed exhausted, can't wait to see the rest of the crew arrive. Aussies tomorrow! PS consider a watertight kayaking gear bag for storing bathing suits/towel/beach stuff - easy to transport around with us, no sand inside etc. In fact, bring one for me... cheers, Kim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I forgot the login. Nice start right? So I'll just have to comment for now. It's Michelle, I arrived safely this morning to beautiful Auckland! Nancy doesn't get in until around 4 so I have the day to explore. First, after that long long flight (middle section, middle seat), I was rewarded with a great hotel. Nice way to start off, thanks Nancy! So, I took a nice long bath, then a shower and then headed out on my own. So far went to this great little cafe by the harbor for coffee, then stumbled upon this little farmers market and got some fruit and listened to some live music. Now, just walking around. Planning on hitting the park, and then seeing where else my feet take me. Ok, I'll write more when I find that login!

nancyp said...

I'm so close but still yet so far....flight delay in Sydney. Glad to hear the hotel is nice. See everyone soon.
Nancy